What I've been listening to the past few weeks...
- Foals (Holy Fire). Loving this album at the minute the production on the Foals albums are always amazing.
- Haim. I just discovered this band a few weeks ago and again the mixing and production blew me away.
- Bruce Springsteen (Darkness on the Edge of Town). This Album is the opposite to Born to run what happens after born to run when you return so to speak. I am always gonna have the boss on my playlist the best live performer I have ever seen.
- Stanton Moore with the Galactic group New Orleans Drummer who I have been listening too. I have been getting into his playing and trying to learn a few things from his style for the past year.
- Tom Waits (Closing Time). An Album never suited a title as much as this one does the songs on this are amazing.
- The Doors (Waiting for the Sun). I always loved the interaction between the musicians in the doors every member adds to the songs with the unique style of playing.
- Pearl Jam (Backspacer). I could put any pearl jam album on enough said.
- Levon Helm (Dirt Farmer). Lead singer of The Band and one of my favourite drummers of all time he played like no one else what a feel player.
- The Gaslight Anthem (Handwritten) A modern rocked up Springsteen sound with the New Jersey thing going on
- The Best of The Beatles as Alan Partridge would say.
Tracks taken from albums listed above, The Beatles currently unavailable on Spotify.
Blog post written by Gerry.