Monday 21 March 2011

Denny's Playlist





OASIS "SHOCK OF THE LIGHTNING"
This song and video for me is pure fucking rock n roll, probably the best rock n roll song I've heard in years, Oasis at their very best.

THE DOORS "THE CRYSTAL SHIP"
One of my favourite Doors songs, peaceful, meaningful, beautiful, great relaxed video, great vocal, great band.

ELVIS "WAY DOWN"
I fucking love this song, recorded not long before his death. Apparently recorded when he had a bad flu, but always the perfectionist it doesn't show, the king - what more can i say.

THE POGUES "IF I SHOULD FALL FROM GRACE WITH GOD"
This for me is a drinking song with fantastic lyrics, full of energy with a message just like the band.

LEONARD COHEN "THE FUTURE"
I first heard this song on the soundtrack to Natural Born Killers, it's pure poetry; "give me absolute control over every living soul and lie beside me baby that's an order."

BOB DYLAN "THINGS HAVE CHANGED"
Great song, great video, I love the sarcasm, Bob being Bob, job done.

THE BEATLES "FREE AS A BIRD"
The Beatles finishing off a John Lennon song, and of course doing it flawlessly, great video too.

THE SMITHS "GIRLFRIEND IN A COMA"
Something everyone can relate to, I think.

U2 "WAKE UP DEAD MAN"
Another classic from U2, perfect for a hangover to the sound of a can opening.

JOHN LENNON "GOD"
Nothing to say, to me this is perfect.

THIN LIZZY "WHISKY IN THE JAR"
The first song that ever gave me goosebumps, I haven't heard too many since that have.

No comments:

Post a Comment